Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why Google Chrome Rocks

Google Chrome rocks. And though, I have tried out many browsers that could beat it, I just keep coming back to it. Lately I have been using Firefox 4 (Beta 6) to see if Mozilla can lure me away from Chrome. It came pretty darn close, Firefox 4 is looking nice, with its shiny buttons, but it couldn't pull me away. Here's why. Chrome is fast. Chrome is really fast. Chrome is lightning fast. Not just fast in web browsing, just quick in everything. Quick to open, snappy animations, virtually no lag in anything (even on my Dell Inspiron.) In Internet Explorer, I can press the new tab button and get a nice nap in before the browser switches to the new tab (even in Internet Explorer 9.) In Firefox 4, I just can't stand the lag when I type. I have typed the full web address in and the browser hasn't responded yet. And Safari, just way too gray for me. Chrome is also simple. Firefox 3.6 (in standard skin) is absolutely hideous (in my opinion.) Chrome gives me a clean, fresh look with a lot of options hidden, so it looks simple. Chrome also is very customizable, in terms of themes. I still love the way Firefox allows you to arrange the buttons near the address bar, but Chrome is good enough for me to get over that. I particularly love the Google Chrome Android theme. Firefox is also very good with its personas, I have to say though. So, what is your favorite browser? Why? Tell me in the comments! Be sure to follow me on Twitter, and be sure to share & bookmark from the buttons down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment