Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How I Made Google Chrome 20% Faster

Yep, that is the title. I somehow made Google Chrome 20% faster. I am following this Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/chromebrowser, and their latest tweet (as of this post) gave info on how to make RAM replace your hard drive on storing the cache. Follow their info, and YOU can make Google Chrome faster. And let me tell you: They are not lying. All pages, even heavy-loading websites took no time as compared to the usual 7 seconds (My Dell is really slow.) This proves how much faster RAM is than the hard drive. Now I understand why they have Mac Pros available with 32 (yes, a whopping 32) GB of RAM. I only allowed 500MB for the cache, maybe I should have allowed more. my computer has 4GB of RAM. This also brings up another topic, how much more RAM computers these days have than in the past. Old computers only had 256 MB of RAM, the same amount as my Droid 1! So now you can take this away from this post: more RAM=faster computer. Sorry about the short post today guys, not much news. Please be sure to follow me on Twitter: http://goo.gl/p5Nu, and please bookmark and share! I want to see more followers, tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment