Saturday, October 9, 2010

Firefox For Android Review

Mozilla  has released a beta version of Firefox for mobile (previously called Fennec, don't know why they dropped the name, and it is out for Android and the Nokia N900. I have the review here.

Speed: 8/10 I haven't tested this on many websites (explanation soon) but the ones that I did test rendered at a quick speed. There is no bar in Firefox, just a rotating circle (like IE.)
Responsiveness: 1/10 Firefox for Android isn't any more responsive than the alpha release of Fennec. There is a considerable amount of lag, and it causes my Droid to crash, freeze, and reboot. Mozilla needs to jump on this if they want to be one of the best mobile browsers. It literally crashed 99% of the time that I used it.
Look and Feel: 7/10 This browser is one of the better looking browsers for Android that I have seen, and certainly better looking than the stock one.
All in all, Mozilla needs to work on the responsiveness of this app. I can't stress this enough. Also, it is a whopping 44MB, and as far as I know, has no option for app to SD. Firefox Mobile is not the best browser for Android, and it has the potential to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment